New place, old favourite music, new people, old comforts on a friday night. My love's away, my family aren't near and my old friends seem to have forgotten . It's difficult to convince myself I'm independent and not lonely. Perhaps a little of column a&b. This is a grand time to write lists of things I want to do, what I want to achieve and try and make a game plan for how I can get to it. I'm young and I'm sure people will catch up to the point in their own lives but I suppose I will wait and see if they get there before it's too late for those bonds I used to have with them to be salvaged.
As Oscar says "To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance." He also says quoting other is living through others, but I'm tired and he so eloquently says what I'd like to so often so I shall let him go at it.
I'm looking forward to the day in the near future where I have a proper social circle in this new city. I could go downstairs to this wonderful booming street and experience it with people, not just my own wide eyes. That'll happen.
Watching Paris Je'taim, some parts are so delightful and heartbreaking and some I want to skip a little bit, but it's just an experience of a show. To watch and choose and judge and sit back and enjoy. It sparks that little flame of wanting to get out and about in the world again. Next year's trip is on my agenda and I can't wait to get more ideas and get going.
T x
No comments:
Post a Comment