If you would like to take the test, go to http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
The results really are extremely insightful and range from telling you the sort of person you are in regards to relationships, work or social situations. It also tells you jobs that suit you, and points out some well known flaws of this personality type and some strengths and benefits and makes note of famous ENFPs (or whatever your type might be).
The jobs it recommends for my type were not surprising to me at all. They were journalism first, psychology, recreation specialist (what is this job and how do I get it?), acting, writing, musician or marketing. None of this surprised me and all of which have been options or thoughts of mine in the past anyway.
This part of the blog might not interest you unless you are interested in my personality, in which case read on. These are just a few points of the analysis I found the most intruiging.
- Champions are rather rare, say two or three percent of the population
- They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world
- Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out.
- Champions are keen and probing observers of the people around them, and are capable of intense concentration on another individual.
- Champions are positive, exuberant people, and often their confidence in the goodness of life and of human nature makes good things happen.
- As mates they are warm, affectionate and disconcertingly spontaneous. However, attention span in relationships can be short; ENFPs are easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances.
- ENFPs often have strong, if unconvential, convictions on various issues related to their Cosmic View. They usually try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade people gently of the rightness of these views.
- One study has shown that ENFPs are significantly overrepresented in psychodrama. Most have a natural propensity for role-playing and acting.
- ENFPs like to tell funny stories, especially about their friends. This penchant may be why many are attracted to journalism.
- ENFPs are energized by being around people. Some have real difficulty being alone , especially on a regular basis.
Anyway, I just found those things to be of interest. Perhaps outwardly confident people do tend to get themselves into situations where they can easily act or role play rather than be themselves if they're worried that themself is not yet adequete. Who knows! However I really enjoy the insight into my person that the typeology analysis has given me so perhaps you will too.
I'm currently analysing television current affairs, and feeling very sad about the state of "current affairs" our country has to offer, which is very minimal and very limited to channels ABC and SBS. At least we have those, I suppose. I've had a wonderful weekend of no toxins, lots of socialising, lots of being lone wolf and a little bit of work. It's been pretty darn good and this week is a lot less hectic and full on as the last so I'm looking forward to what it has to offer. Things are just that good at the moment, however with only six weeks left of uni I'm starting to feel a little apprehensive about the end of this era. I can only enjoy the end and deal with the new stuff when it comes about I suppose.
Enjoy this musical treat from the 2008 album Eulogy of Evolution by Olafur Arnalds, who is from One Little Indian Records like Bjork and Sigur Ros. This video clip is enough to put anyone at peace, it is really beautiful :)
No comments:
Post a Comment