Tess is a fan of semester one being over. What a week. Far out, I couldn't get out of bed this morning, but for the first time in a long while I did not have to. From the Pulse to uni to the newsagents to being up until 2 every morning and awake at 7 to finish ridiculous amounts of assignments I should always have done earlier to an evil wench of a woman crushing my confidence. Not one of my finest hours (or seven days worth of hours).
It's strange that people feel they have the right to make cruel and unnecessary judgements of people they don't know the first thing about. What. A bitter, old woman morphed into all of my weak spots. I suppose it was good in a way as I had a lot of tension from the last few months that I hadn't dealt with or worried about and it gave me a chance to rid myself of all that. Like Frou Frou would say LET GO. Let go, what are you waiting for? It feels good.
Four major assignments, four days, it feels so good to not have that worry, I can do whatever I want, and then one more semester and I can REALLY do whatever I want, for good! Wow.
Oh Charles Hardin (Buddy) Holly. His songs are so sweet. Proper crushes and adoring of other people and happy, fun, uncomplicated love. Oh, what a world. There are so many songs about heartbeats, it's a strange thing that this organ can make you feel a ridiculous amount of things. It can be pangs of pain or when it quickens with excitement, or when you push your body to the limits. It's an awesome (in terms of the actual definition) pink big mass of stuff.
Buddy Holly:
Heartbeat, why do you miss when my baby kisses me? Piddle dee pat - I know that new love thrills me.I know that true love will be. Heartbeat - why do you skip when my baby's lips meet mine. Sing to me love stories and bring to me love’s glories.
The Knife/Jose Gonzalez:
One night of magic rush, the start a simple touch. One night to push and scream, and then relief. Ten days of perfect tunes, the colours red & blue. We had a promise made, we were in love.
Robyn:
So I don't look back. Still I'm dying with every step I take. But I don't look back, just a little little bit better. And it hurts with every heartbeat.
So I've gone From Jose to Robyn, and I want some Buddy thoughts! It seems that at this age, that will be the adventures of most of our romantic lives. The excitement and thrill of a connection with someone, the task of getting over it and moving on and leaving that part of your life behind, and then comes the excitement of the next time you feel that way for somebody. Which is the coolest of all the three. It's all going to happen again and again, fairly funny I suppose.
New gloves, new beret, new vest, new dresses, new perspectives. Breakfast with the lovely Amy, lunch with my family and grandmother Mae who is the most remarkable person I know, then tuesday we'll get our movie on. Life's sweet.
Listening to: Damon Albarn & Scratch- Too late, very very cool song.
Reading: New Moon... I have to.
Watching: It's going to be Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
T
No comments:
Post a Comment