Thursday, May 28, 2009

Really?!

Really?! Really life? Is it okay that a festival of this wonder is happening in three weeks, and I'm not there, nor am I going, or would be capable of going. Best music festival in the world has lived up to its reputation.

ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN, Blur, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Madness, Tom Jones, Status Quo, Prodigy, Bon Iver, Neil Young, Lily Allen, Fleet Foxes, Bloc Party, LadyHawke, Friendly Fires, White Lies, The Rakes, The Streets, Rolf Harris, Animal Collective, The Horrors, Crookers, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Kasabian, Seun Kuti and Fela's Egypt 80, Crosby Stills & Nash, Dizzee Rascal, Spinal Tap, Franz Ferdinand, Paolo Nutini, Pete Doherty, Peter, Bjorn and John, Gaslight Anthem, The Temper Trap, Jamie Cullum, Wombats, 2ManyDJs, Cold War Kids, Peaches.

As Kyle so nicely put it "It's like my ipod has come to life."

LAME. That would be the most fun, however I cannot complain that my own little narrative is going badly because it's not. Things are awesome.

I've spent the whole week getting completely motivated about life in general, this age and making the most of stuff. People go through much much worse than what I'm going through, and dealing with emotions and love and sadness and stress and anxiety and self esteem is all part of growing up which I clearly will never stop doing. People will always be growing and learning, and if I dwell for too long on feeling lonely or wanting something to happen, nothing will happen and I will turn back and realise I wasted so much time wanting, and not enough time DOING. I know what I'm about, what I like and what I'm not really into, I have awesome jam packed weeks and I'm busy all the time but I wouldn't have things any other way.

Feeling absolutely fantastic, new music, new people popping in and out, catching up with people after a while, next week after the rush of assignments I will be finished uni for the semester no exams and the chance to make a stack of money and head to brisbane to see some of our favourite people. Things couldn't get much better... unless "knock. knock"

Tess signing out with severe pangs of disappointment that she's not on the way to the glastonbury festival.

2 comments:

Peach Cobler said...

OH tell me about it babe, I plan on going when I move to London, then you will have to come with me and stay with me for a little while. I realize that tickets would be ridiculously hard to get however wishful thinking will hopefully will them into my possession.

hahahaha I will cross my fingers for some knock knocking for you t-dog.

george - tunes+threads said...

that festival looks ridiculous. sweet blog T-rex.