
<---- There would be some serious panty-throwing antics from that crowd. That will be my partners in dancing and rejoicing if i can go. Imagine the fun! Out of this world.
It's two hours until my exam and I am feeling fine. Did you know that aboriginal/torres strait islander soldiers in World War Two only got paid one third of white soldier's wages? Or that in the 1920s/30s Australia borrowed 200,000 people and 230 million pounds from the British Government?? Or that 300,000 people were out of work in the middle of the Great Depression in Australia. Or that one of the main founders of the UN and writers of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was Australian cool-cat Herbert Evatt? Or in regards to the mythical/legendary Simpson & the Donkey story, Simpson himself was actually an Englishman who joined the Australian Army to get back at Britain and actually died within 48 hours of landing at Gallipoli so really had no possible way of doing the deeds he is so famous for?
It's funny with things like that, there are bronze statues, books and memorials dedicated to Simpson without any historical evidence that he did the things he's claimed to have done. There was actually a number of men who went to the frontline and rescued injured soldiers on donkeys, but the legend has it at one person. I wonder if it's so that young Australians can look at a single figure as an under-dog, with proper qualities that make him an 'Aussie'. It's interesting I suppose to think that although most people know the truth, they still perpertrate the myth because it's fun to believe in one person coming from nothing to become a true hero. I suppose it's nice in a way, and not necessary to prove wrong etc.
I just realised that for anyone except myself, this post is full of classical music and trivia about the World Wars and would probably make some readers feel nauseas. But it's way too interesting to me. Let's get started on religion... kidding!
Off to exam. T
5:15pm update- Exam completed! And with confidence. AND BEST NEWS EVER- my wonderful dad got us tickets to Andre my love tomorrow night, and apparently during rehearsal six white horses were released onto Telstra Dome. Oh yeah baby.
2 comments:
Andre here we come!
I was telling the tale of the coming of tickets, your excitement & explaining Andre's appeal to Jarra & Ash last night and they were in hysterics. I told them I would take photo's to show them hahaha Can't wait bubbacino. Its family time, with Armstrongs and their adopted daughter :)
Tess it was amazing.
Thank you so much for taking me.
I can think of a better way to have spent my Thursday evening.
p.s we should get dancing lessons, then next time we see Andre we can put all of Grandad's army to shame!
Post a Comment