Tuesday, November 11, 2008

positive tension


I feel so okay about tomorrow's exam now. I read over the questions and all of them are things I am capable of answering, so it's nice to go into an exam feeling okay in contrast to last week where I felt like Armstrong-vomatron was rearing her ugly head again.

I just re-discovered a photo of myself at the Singapore zoo with an orangutan, it is great to look back on, and only gets me more excited (if possible) about the things I'll be doing overseas this time around. It was just so cool to wake up in a completely new country, surrounded by people I didn't know who went about their business, and I was just there as an observer.

All of my many 'gangs' have so many nicknames for the characters that come in and out of our lies I figured I should share them in this blog, so that I don't forget them. Here goes:


Frederick, Babealicious, Hotboy, Uncle JJ, CD, Ted, Wheels, MikeDreamy, Glen aka Hazard, the Neopolitana, Backpack, Glidey, Watchdog, Laptop, Starey, Mouldy, Doctor, Doctor's girlfriend, Meatloaf, Skivvy chick, PayPacket, Briggs, Botox Nan, Dolly Parton Gran, Gold Goast Gramps, Puff grand-daddy, Big Strong man (shudder), Sherlock Holmes, Oyster Trench, MANDY S (Jesus), Vietnacopiese, Sweaty Goliath, Caveman, Lovejunk, Preppy Boy, Dreads, Wolverine, The Triplets, Spookey Bec, Dunce, Kurt Cobain, Corner-Bitch aka LooLoo, Noddy, Carbs, Jenae, the Juggler, Sultan...

To be fair, there's probably more but they were the ones that were jotted down in my mystical red journal.

There are so many things to look forward to in the next few weeks
1) Spice Cottage and movies tomorrow night
2) Buying a pair of pants to keep me warm in Europe
3) Back to the Future night at 99 on thursday
4) Our going away party on Saturday night (!!)
5) BLOC PARTY NEXT THURSDAY. I'll be a mess I just know it like last year when I saw them it's taken me approx. 12 months to recover and act like a normal human being and in that time i've seen many many other bands, but nothing has compared. Hurrah!
6) Working loads, making dosh & enjoying the last couple of weeks in the company of another!


"I don't have any allegiance to an organized religion; I have an allegiance to the gifts that I find for myself in those religions... I'd rather be non-denominational, except for music. I prefer to learn everything through music. If you want divinity, the music in every human being and their love for music is pretty much it. It's the big indication of their spirituality and their ability to love and make love, or feel pain or joy, and really manifest it, really be real. But I don't believe in a big guy with a beard on a throne, telling us that we're bad; I certainly don't believe in original sin. I believe in the opposite of that: you have an Eden immediately from the time you are born, but as you are conditioned by your caretakers and your surroundings, you may lose that original thing. Your task is to get back to it, to claim responsibility for your own perfection.
- Jeff Buckley

1 comment:

Peach Cobler said...

Bahahaha.
Goodness we have some fun with creepy stories & nicknames, don't we.
I really hope someone out there has nicknamed me. Oh the joy of the unknown. I am glad your feeling tiptop about your exams. You'll do fine my darling. Then we can PARTAY on Saturday night!