Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
-Mark Twain
This has been a brilliant week! Finishing exams, working, Andre Reiu, lunch date at bended, late night shopping, finding jeans, work, Luke's house for a barbecue, going away party, sick sick sick sunday morning, barking dog session, family dinner/balderdash, DAY OFF.Andre- Oh my. So magical, there were ballerinas, ice skating debutantes, a carriage with a princess being pulled a
long by six beautiful white horses, a 200 piece bagpipe band, an angel from the roof, the most magnificent red dress I've ever seen, elderly couples & young girls dancing through the aisles, free spirits gliding around waltzing by themselves, a five story castle with two incredible fountains on either side. Adopted sister & I waltzed through the aisles, much to the terror and dismay of our height-fearing parents. Shea's dad was quoted saying Andre is like the wiggles for the elderly, and I just found this on a review "It's a bit like a highly sophisticated version of the Wiggles: constant action, variety, humour ? and all great fun. The audience came so disposed to enjoy themselves that many gave a standing ovation after the opening item (and regularly thereafter)."So, Ha! They performed Bolero, Blue Danube, Voices of Spring, Waltzing Matilda, the Neighbours theme song, Bananas in Pyjamas, Advance Australia Fair, Home amongst the Gum Trees, From Botany Bay, Tie me Kangaroo Down, Amazing Grace, Nessun Dorma, My heart will go on. I'm such a geek, it was so beautiful though. Secret Telstra-Dome card to get down to the car park, James Bond-car and chats to Irish Sister with adopted sister with me the whole time, Bong smoking van drivers blowing kisses to us in the back, amazing lightening show, and torrential rain.
The next day I got to catch up with Juddy, Steven, Pat, Dyl, Lou, Cameron at Bended for a great lunch date as I missed out on Dirty 99 night the evening before. I love these people dearly, and their company, especially at Capulet Street, always puts me in fine form.
Then I lurked around town, got a credit card, ran into fine company to hang with, saw a scrag fight in dimmeys, went home, hung with the best parents ever, then chloe/jarra/ash/angel/luke got me and we hung out shopping and chloe bought a dress and she looked like a princess. I hadn't seen angel for what felt like forever, and we feasted on delicious milkshakes.
Saturday working was fun, but Saturday night was so fun. It had been a long time since I had drank, so I decided to let loose, and as well as letting loose, I got loose. It was so brilliant to have so many people we love in the same room, crazy busy and difficult to have a conversation, but totally worth it. One person really made me mad, but I've decided that if he hasn't made the effort to make amends by now, he couldn't have been a good friend of mine in the first place, and not worth the trouble, as this blog's main Twain man would say:
"When we think of friends, and call their faces out of the shadows, and their voices out of the echoes that faint along the corridors of memory, and do it without knowing why save that we love to do it, we content ourselves that that friendship is a Reality, and not a Fancy--that it is builded upon a rock, and not upon the sands that dissolve away with the ebbing tides and carry their monuments with them."
- Letter to Mary Mason Fairbanks
The best friends I've got have been there for me this year, and actually there for me, not just telling me I'm their friend or that I'm special whilst under the influence.Barking Dog sunday was fun, considering I couldn't stand up for more than five minutes on Sunday morning, I was very lucky to make it even for a few hours, nice to have chats to people I hadn't seen in a while. It's a great idea, and I hope to go soon before we go to EUROPE !
Bloc Party on this Thursday night, and I just found a set list from a recent concert that went,
Hunting For Witches / Positive Tension / Blue Light / Trojan Horse / Song For Clay (Disappear Here) / Banquet / Letter To My Son / Talons / Mercury / This Modern Love / The Prayer / Like Eating Glass/ Ares / Ion Square / Flux / Helicopter/ Price Of Gasoline / She's Hearing Voices.
I'll be a bit gutted if they don't play so here we are this year, but I did see it last year, so I shan't be too sad. And better than Heaven, oh my! I love bloc party so dearly that I feel so sick in the tummy, and so excited to see them I can't control it. It's going to be loads of fun with Shea & Chloe.
I was just reminded of this quote off School of Rock ."I have been touched by your kids... and I'm pretty sure that I've touched them." Haha it really does make me laugh so much.
Tess- off to walk to the video shop to get Sex & the City for Mum & I to watch as we are trapped, trapped, trapped in a nutshell in our own house.
I'll be a bit gutted if they don't play so here we are this year, but I did see it last year, so I shan't be too sad. And better than Heaven, oh my! I love bloc party so dearly that I feel so sick in the tummy, and so excited to see them I can't control it. It's going to be loads of fun with Shea & Chloe.
I was just reminded of this quote off School of Rock ."I have been touched by your kids... and I'm pretty sure that I've touched them." Haha it really does make me laugh so much.
Twain was such a clever man, who really created his own character, and stood by his beliefs, was always honest and upfront about things he cared about, and I really admire that.
Besides the lack of car (!!), life is wonderful and perfect as it is right at this moment.
One must keep one's character. Earn a character first if you can, and if you can't, then assume one. From the code of moals I have been following and revising and revising for 72 years I remember one detail. All my life I have been honest--comparatively honest. I could never use money I had not made honestly--I could only lend it- Twain 1907
Tess- off to walk to the video shop to get Sex & the City for Mum & I to watch as we are trapped, trapped, trapped in a nutshell in our own house.

1 comment:
OHHHHH T-dog I am oh so excited for Bloc Party & also Europe. I love that I have been adopted into the Armstrong family. Its so special.
Andre was so incredible. The last couple of weeks have been indescribable in terms of experiences & personal growth & I'd like to thank you for contributing. You're presence is always delightful & uplifting. love you sis!
Post a Comment